Lurgan Timeline 1700 - 1799
The Landlord Estates
Madame Beaversham, heiress of William Brownlow dies and is buried at Shankill graveyard
The legend of Margorie McCall.
The woman who lived once and was buried twice. She was buried in Shankill Graveyard
Arthur Brownlow dies and is buried in Shankill graveyard
William Edmundson dies and is buried at Shankill graveyard.
Lease granted to Presbyterians, to build a church in Lurgan
Shankill Vestry agree to build a new parish church in Lurgan centre. The church was built on a part which was known as "The Green"
The new parish church is consecrated.
Rev. James Fleming, Presbyterian minister died.
Quaker meeting house built at Moyallen
Lurgan and surrounding areas become involved in the Linen industry.
The Lough Neagh to Newry canal opens
A clock is ordered for the parish church.
James McCabe Clockmaker is born in Lurgan.
The bridge over river Bann in Portadown is swept away.
John Wesley preached in Lurgan
Michael Obins successfully petitions House of Commons for Linen market
Portadown ~ Landing Place of the Ferry
The Montiaghs are formed
Ardmore church is built close to the shores of Lough Neagh
Approx. 30,000 Orangemen paraded at Lurgan
Rev Arthur Forde, Rector of Shankill Parish dies.
John Wesley visits Lurgan once again.
The Battle of Gilford Castle
Shankill Vestry decides that beggars in Lurgan should have to wear badges.
Approx. 450 people listed at Lurgan Church.
Lurgan's first Methodist Church opens
Lurgan ratepayers are listed in the Shankill Vestry book.
Ardmore Church is blown down in a storm in November.
Ardmore church is built on the present site.
Three members of Lurgan Volunteer Company killed in Tullylish.
The Peep O Day Boys Attacked Drumcree Church
New clock ordered for Lurgan Church.
The Battle of the Diamond.
The Orange Order is Founded.
This website is dedicated to the Sons and Daughters of Lurgan down through the ages.