Knocknamuckley Cemetery

The Rectory,
30 Moss Bank Road
Portadown BT63 5SL
Contact the Diocese on +353 (0)1 4978 422
Opening Hours
Monday to Sunday
Summer Hours - 8.00am to 10.00pm from the 1st April to 30th September
Winter Hours - 8.00am to Dusk from the 1st October to the 31st March

Knocknamuckley Cemetery Lurgan

Knocknamuckley Parish lies between Portadown and Lurgan. The church and halls complex are situated on the Bleary Road. To approach from Lurgan: Follow the Gilford Road for 2 miles; turn right into the Dean’s Road and then take 1st left into Bleary Road; travel 1 mile to church.To approach from Portadown: Follow the Gilford Road for 3 miles approx; turn left into the Drumnacanvey Road (signposted Knocknamuckley, Bleary, Lurgan); take 1st right into Knock Road; travel 1 mile to church.

Knocknamuckley church was constituted as a perpetual curacy on the 27th October 1837 out of the existing parishes of Seagoe and Tullylish. It opened for worship in 1853. Initially only the nave was built, the chancel and organ chamber being added in 1912. A small porch was replaced by a larger structure in 1987 to mark the 150th anniversary of the parish. Knocknamuckley has no stained glass. This parish, whose name in Irish is Cnoc-na-muice-laith signifies the Hill of the Grey Pig.

This page is dedicated to Fred Hart (1928-2014) who for over 20 years was a faithful caretaker of these gravestones. You can also search our Deaths Index HERE.

View our Sitemap Site Map

Home  |   Census |  Griffiths  | Directories  | Gravestones |  Photos  |  Links  | Forum |  History  | Contact Us